Monday, May 23, 2005

My Liquid Destinies!!


My Liquid Destinies!! Posted by Hello




My hands reach
towards the sun
trying to grasp
the liquid veils
beyond which
sway destinies
waiting for
my liquid hands

My eyes look
through murky marshlands
so deceptive, alluring
yet I see
the horizon
white & bright,
watching, waiting
for my vision

Danger lurks
at my feet
stung by hot truth
I propel myself
weaving in and out of
chaos & order
apples & snakes
fantasy & reality

Do I see, really see?
or am I lost?
upon reaching yonder
will my hands
hold realized destinies?
or murk from
wasted marshlands?
wasteful imaginations
playful fantasies

Yet I leave
doubt at the bottom
by danger and reason
and others of similar stripe
I reach towards
the sweet comfort
grasping liquid veils
and fluid destinies

But for the dream, what am I??
But for the swim, won’t I die?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chay,
Nicely written, liked the title "liquid destinies".

9:40 PM  
Blogger parikrama said...

>> But for the swim, won’t I die?

U bet !! so better keep those arms flapping.. legs kicking if U wanna stay afloat..

Well Ur verse is bit heavy.. At first go, cudn't grasp anything.. Re-read it couple of times.. still not sure if I understood it fully :)

To summarize, I felt as if this was written with the protagonist (sic, hate using that word) is trying desparately to reach up.. for air (metaphorically,i.e., reaching out to dreamz / uncertain future etc)..

Okay I am not gonna make a fool of myself by trying to dissect this further :)

But hey atleast I tried.. didn't I ??

P.S. : Loved the pic..

7:02 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Ssm, GS, Pradz, Bloo - Thank you!!

IW...and i thought it was an easy read....sheesh!! You are close...its a swim in murky waters...towards dreams and a future...:-))

I think I make a better photographer than a poet eh!! ;-))

8:07 AM  
Blogger buckwaasur said...

hey...great snap of the water...beautiful...neat poem too...:-)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

Picture is more beautiful than the poem (a picture is worth more than thousand words:)! Its a good attempt chay, the metaphors are nicely done.... Write on!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Thanks Buck!!

Vivs, thanks my friend!
...perhaps i will get better, perhaps not...we shall wait and see....:-))))

11:42 AM  
Blogger Bloginder Singh said...

Cryptic crap to me. But i suppose if it sounds good to you then it qualifies as good poetry. The notion that poetry is something to be shared with the world at large is a notion that comes without the disclaimer that it is not to be done unless you are incredibly smart.

Saturday morning love

Bunkim

10:21 PM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Lollz Bloginder dada....
welcome to chez chay!! :-))

And thats the love eh!! wonder how the wrath burns!! :-))))

Yeah...either I am incredibly smart or not...there cant be too many grays eh!! hyuk hyuk!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Free Site Counter